Saturday, April 12, 2014

#8 - HERE, THERE AND EVERYWHERE

"What do you mean, they got away?" Senator Riker spit the words in disgust.

Windthump's words and tone hid his anxiety. "She took care of the operatives that came in and they . . . disappeared."

"I thought you sent your best at her?"

"They were our best."

"What about that Madison character? You know, the one with the president's name, Joe Madison. I thought he was some kind of super agent. Why didn't you send him?"

"James was working the computer."

As if he hadn't been corrected, Riker demanded, "Well, I think it's time to get him out from behind the computer and in the field. After all, hasn't he been training for field work?"

"Yes, he just completed his training."

"Good, then get him out there!" Riker demanded. "By the way, where is he now?"

"He's driving me. We're entering Mobile and thought we'd stop for Chinese."

A pause greeted Windthump, one that told him what he knew after the words left his mouth, that Riker was ready to blow his stack. "You idiot! With whatever head start they have, you're going for Chinese!"

"Well, sir, we do have the satellites and are getting the rest of our team in position."

"All accept Joe!"

"James, sir. And, yes, he'll be in the mix before you know it. It's just that he works better after a large order of chicken fried rice."

Senator Riker couldn't believe his ears. There they sat, behind by Lord knows how many miles, and they're going for Chinese. He decided it best not to argue, at this point. "I will be contacting you in two hours. The People plan to cutoff every major highway heading north. And, as soon as we locate those three troublemakers, they'll be closing in with your sorry excuse for a team. Now, once I make contact, the head of The People will contact you and you and your team will begin to follow her orders."

Windthump knew the senator spoke of Molly Chillafoot, the woman who thought she knew everything about everything. Of course, he knew better but, apparently, the senator had been fooled. knowing that arguing would be pointless, Windthump accepted, "Yes, sir."

"Very good. And don't forget to get Joe out there."

"It's James, sir."

"Whatever." Riker disconnected the call.

James glanced at his boss. "I take it he didn't like the Chinese food idea."

"Nope."

"Well, I appreciate your helping me out on this."

"No problem. Just catch that girl and we'll be even." Replied Windthump.

"Will do."



THE STAGE IS BEING SET. TIME TO LEARN A LITTLE MORE ABOUT THE PEOPLE AND MOLLY CHILLAFOOT......

No comments:

Post a Comment